Monday, December 3, 2012

French country style and why I don't have a "style"

I often get asked, "what's your style?"

The truth is, I don't have one.
Don't get me wrong, I have a favorite style of architecture, but not everyone has the same taste as me.
I try not to "force" my taste in architecture or "style" on anyone.

When starting to schematically think about a project, the first thing I do is visit the site.
After a thorough site visit, I meet with the client and ask them what their vision is for their home.
If they have a certain "style" that moves them or if they're relying on me to help them figure out what they want.

So...french country.

This is a project that I'm currently working on with a client that has recently purchased a beautiful piece of property in the country. The topography is fairly flat and it's heavily wooded. I asked them for a list of must haves in their new home and we've incorporated those ideas as well as a few new ones.

See the proposed floor plan and elevation below.


copyright joshua wright design 2012


copyright joshua wright design 2012





No comments:

Post a Comment